Thursday, June 5, 2008

Homesick

And sick. Down with cold viral. Ouh and on a total different issue, gosh, I can't stand being alone for even a couple of hours while Josh goes to work. Not that comfortable having company in my home where hurricane visited couple weeks ago.

And karaoke is my only peace where I let it out. Often, one would spot me walking alone to Budweiser, a karaoke bar, just minutes away from home. Just a place where I see familiar faces and familiar songs the loners and the happy faces singing as our days go by. Far away from our family and in a temporary land where our lives dial down to a pause, we certainly do all we can to keep ourselves busy in the wee hours of the night, sometimes, lonely nights.

Say all you want, but drinking is probably all we do, besides being on the computer, playing the PS 3, watching FRIENDS and LOST, going out to the NEX, that military mall, only seeing the same things they have there all the time. We could go up to Tokyo. Sure we can do that all the time and basically have our paychecks run out in a week. There's a library. It's just. There. Material-controlled. And how nice. We have Tsutaya Bookstore. But up in Roppongi. Nothing like Barnes and Nobles or Borders.

We have people to talk to. "Nihonggo? Wakanarai, sumimasen." No we don't really understand. Small talks are fine but not great of a conversation. People come and go in this land. I love the culture and the people. But it's great to visit. Not to stay.

For all I know, I'm ready to go. My family awaiting in "the land of opportunity" - Grand Theft Auto.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home