Friday, June 6, 2008

Project PAWS Yokosuka

Pets Are Worth Saving



One day, I decided to hang out with the cats. I thought,"Ey why not?" Usually people come in to love and care for the cats but I decided to do something very me. Bumming. So I started laying a throw on the ground and the cats just started to come closer and sit around by my side. Also, I took a short nap. Wow.. Journey to the PAWS by foot from the base's gate is indeed exhausting. I actually enjoyed being around them.

This was the shelter I got my Ally from. All animals in the shelter are given updated shots and the adult cats are sterilized. If you want a declawed cat, I'd suggest you do no harm to the ones with the claws still because look no more, you may just find a bunch of them declawed already in the shelter. I know how a lot of apartments here in Japan would prefer owners having declawed pets. Think about the trauma your pet has to go through with all the pain and blood. No doubt its life will totally be affected and its temperament would change too. Ouh man, that ought to hurt. Ally's declawed too and I'm just lucky that she's all nice and kind still. I don't think she realized she has no claws because she still scratch on cat's scratch cardboard really hard and all.

Anyway.. Pets are worth saving. They're our late night entertainment somehow at home. The constant love and licks they give us, the exercises you get from walking them and nice extra chores to train you to become more responsible and unselfish. Things we learn from them and them learning from us. A friendship to treasure for life. :)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At June 9, 2008 at 10:22:00 AM PDT , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    those cats are just lovable... while i was watchin it, i remembered last time we went to a house if you happen to remember, which i cant remember where and there lots of cats... taken care by this chinese lady who lived in a landed property estate... she allowed us to just play ard wit her cats...

     
  • At June 13, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM PDT , Blogger Victoria said...

    Yeah I remember that house!! Too many cats but it was fun!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home