Sunday, November 9, 2008

Kitchen Make-Over Project (Modified)

Edited and indicated with "*". Just so that you guys don't get the wrong idea about some things.

Say "hello" to my hideous kitchen and "later" to dear party on this weekend. There's much to do for this kitchen. The walls are way too dull and it just got to get worse with the matching cheap-materialized cabinets and stove. I just started painting two walls by the kitchen bar and it didn't turned out dark brownish-red like what I had in mind. Ouh boy, a disaster. It looks rather purplish than reddish in photos. I'm not satisfied with the semi-gloss texture and I sort of regret not choosing a matte texture instead. I guess I'll live with it and make the best out of it.

Anyway, the theme of the kitchen will be oriental-crossed western. I'm soon getting some herb plants to put by the kitchen window and some stuff to put on the walls to give that oriental feel to it. I feel at my best when I'm surrounded familiar things. *Things that feel very Singapore-like.* Right now, the kitchen feels like instant meals and white sorority-pike pizzas all year round.

Hideous walls. The right side of the photo is the new paint color. Intended to have it brownish red but I'll live with that now.


*Wall decor to bring out the oriental feel and my sweet good morning reminders about life. The one framed is a souvenir Josh got from China. The 3 little wall decor are very important words to keep me going. NOT to indicate I'm 100% Chinese. If possible, sometime soon maybe, I will get something in arabic and sanskrit to complete the holly molly SIngapore feel which will definitely defeat the purpose to make an oriental kitchen style. I guess I'll stick to the Chinese Calligraphy. Wa laa. And ouh wait...... I am still quarter chinese.... Nenek guwe cina. Apa salahku? Bloody hell.*


Temporarily frenching it up a little.


Ouh, for the love of god. My heart aches looking at the gloss. I'm considering doing some lighting set up at the bar to make a positive effect on the walls. Maybe spotlights and a focal point like a painting to divert the eyes away from focuing too much on the ugliness of the semi-gloss.


Reminder to all....! Don't ever buy semi-gloss for your kitchen or anywhere in the house!! It's ugly... :(

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At November 11, 2008 at 7:44:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    First off, I did not intentionally mean to irritate you with my comment about your malay heritage. I merely wondered if you were part Chinese which you are seeing how your grandma is. The comment was not mean to be an affront to you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home